Unwelcome Changes
So it's been a sad couple of days.
I was supposed to catch a ride with my aunt and uncle to Minnesota this week to spend week with my dear sis Kirsten and my niece and nephew (her blog is http://redhouse4.blogspot.com/). The trip was postponed once and then yesterday was cancelled. My aunt and uncle are still going, but I can't. We have found out that our landlords need to sell the house out of unexpected circumstances and therefore we have about 4 weeks to find a new place, pack and move. I can't take 9 of those days and spend them away from here right now. So not only do I not get to see my sister and niece and nephew and enjoy their comapny and the greatest delights of the USA (TARGET and cream cheese puffs), I also have to leave this perfect little home and probably this neighborhood that I have grown way too attached to and truly loved. Stephen, of course, looks at this very pragmatically and knows it is what we need right now and it is a clear direction from God and in the end I know that too, but in the meantime my heart is sad.
We are living a couple of blocks from my church, a couple of minutes from my friends whom I meet with weekly for Bible Study and/or coffee or watching CSI or ER and in the most charming neighborhood in Calgary. The homes are full of old-fashioned charm (front porches and white picket fences). Behind this house are brownstone townhomes surrounding an old-fashioned bandstand gazebo in a beautifuly manicured square. On one corner of the square is a clock tower that chimes every quarter of an hour. I often felt like I was living on a very picturesque movie set as I walked through this enchanting little neighborhood. It was my dream home - except it wasn't really ours.
I know God is leading us and He will provide for us. I also know that with me being out of a job and not sure when I am going to get one, having an opportunity to downsize will be good for us in the end. Therefore, I need to stop my tears and focus on the task at hand - finding a new place to live and packing up our belongings while also continuing my job search.
Anyway, those are the changes that are happening in our life right now - not necessarily welcome but I do know that my God is faithful and I will trust His leading.
So far this blog has not gotten off to a very happy start has it? I'm still not sure what I want it to look like. I do know that I want to start posting some of my writing and creative work on here, I'm just not sure how or which ones I am going to choose to start out with. Keep checking the blog, it will happen. I might be a bit distracted with all the work I have to do for the next couple weeks but who knows - I often try to procrastinate on unpleasant tasks by busying myself with things that aren't as important yet are much more fun to do.
http://julenerenee.blogspot.com/">
Hold Fast


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home