Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Daffodils, Daffodils... and more and (*sigh*) more Daffodils

Jenn, me and Kelly selling daffodils
Volunteers selling flowers at a street sale location

Daffodil Mountain in downtown Calgary


Daffodil Mountain view from above
Daffodil Mountain blooms
Calgary pro football players at the media launch














All of my days for the last month - waking and sleeping - have been consumed by daffodils, even my dreams. I worked overtime for 27 out of 31 days in March because of daffodils.



It was the Canadian Cancer Society AB/NWT Division's 46th annual Daffodil Days from March 19 - 25 and I am the coordinator of this particular campaign for Calgary. Now don't get me wrong, I think the bright yellow daffodils in bloom are so beautiful and cheerful and I enjoyed my campaign - all in all it was pretty fun - but I am so burnt out.



The campaign went pretty well for my first ever. We set a 3-year record for pre-sale orders, we exceeded our sales goal for our Daffodil Mountain kickoff by thousands of dollars, I got more media coverage than we have had for the past few years for this campaign in Calgary and raised over $176,000 selling more than 315,000 daffodils. We raised about the same as last year if not a little more. I didn't reach my overall goal but I'm okay with this amount since we still broke the trend over the last few years of raising 10 - 20% less than the previous year.



I felt like my personal life did not exist for the month of March as I worked so many hours overtime and when I was home all I wanted to do was relax and sleep. So I apologize for not keeping up with phone calls, e-mails, blogs etc. After two days of relaxing over the weekend without having to work or think of daffodils I finally have some energy and feel like I can get back into my life.


I will be very happy on my week off next week to not see daffodils or think about daffodils or hear complaints about daffodils! No daffodils allowed! I think I'll buy some cheerful pink tulips for my kitchen. And then I'll sit down and write e-mails and return phone calls that were put off until I finally had some time and energy to do them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home