My Birthday/Our Anniversary - Wed, Aug 8
I wasn't really looking forward to my birthday this year. It was the first time in many years I was working on my birthday. Stephen was going to be working until 8:00 pm so we had nothing planned for our 6th anniversary. Plus I was turning 32 and lately didn't feel the need to celebrate the increasing numbers. On top of that, we were leaving for vacation on Friday morning and I still had errands to run.
The night before my birthday was terrible! After a stressful day at work, I got home to find our fridge and freezer had died and everything was room temperature. Everything in the freezer was thawed out and was dripping with melted ice mixed with bloody meat juices (from our beautiful rack of meaty ranch-fresh beef ribs that we were saving). Then the computer "on" button that hadn't been working well the past few weeks finally broke when I tried to turn it on. When Stephen got home to both the fridge and computer being broken, he was not very happy and wasn't able to get either fixed. (We just got the computer fixed last night which is why I haven't updated the blog this month at all).
I was still a little glum when I woke up on my birthday morning. I thought I'd likely spend my birthday evening waiting for the fridge repair to happen and wasn't looking forward to it. When I got to work things started looking up. My office door had been decorated for my birthday and there was confetti sprinkled all over my desk. Some friends from work took me out for a fantastic Greek lunch (MMMMM). I finally got a hold of a repair guy who could come that night after 5:00. I decided it would be depressing to stay home waiting for the repair guy by myself on my birthday (Stephen was scheduled to work until 8 pm and if I had to stay home I obviously couldn't get my errands done) so I talked to my friends who said they would bring over Vietnamese subs, dessert and a bottle of something fun like sparkling wine after they were done work around 7:00. Then I got a phone call at about 3:30 from Stephen. He had gotten off work early and wanted to come pick me up from work and wait for the repair guy with me! The guy didn't make us wait long - he came pretty quickly and had the small part with him that needed to be replaced.
So then we went out to run our errrands and pick up some of the stuff we needed for vacation. Even that was fun. Stephen was trying out the new furniture at Superstore and we bought all kinds of fun treats for snacks at our family reunion.
My friends Sally and Michelle met us at the house and we went to pick up Vietnamese subs (MMMMMM again!) and brought them back to our house for supper.
Becky joined us afterwards for the dessert (strawberry mousse cake) and the Spumante (sparkling Italian wine).
It was a low key birthday/anniversary but turned out to be very, very good.
http://julenerenee.blogspot.com/">
Hold Fast


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home