Colorado
Stephen and I went to Loveland, Colorado to visit my family at the beginning of August. My sister Kirsten and her kids (Olson and Kaelen) were going to be visiting while her husband Jeff was on a business trip to India so I would get to see them and my sister Teresa. Not only that, but my best friend from high school was getting marrried in Colorado Springs on August 9th and I really wanted to go. I haven't seen her since my first year of college. My sister Kirsten, her husband Jeff and I were good friends with Nancey and her brother in high school. We have reconnected with them in the last couple years so Kirsten was also going to the wedding with us.
I flew down at the beginning of the week and Stephen drove down mid-week. We had kept his visit a surprise from Kirsten and my niece and nephew, saying he wasn't able to fly down. He surprised them by showing up Wednesday afternoon while we were at the pool! It was fun to see their reaction! Olson and Kaelen were SOOO happy to see Uncle Stephen!
We had a great week with my family. We went swimming at the pool, played in the park, played tag, shopped and enjoyed helping my mom take care of the little girl she takes care of during the weekdays. It was my birthday and our 7th anniversary on August 8. That same day was also the opening day of the Olympics. My mom made a fruit flower basket and a yummy Olympic-themed cake to help us celebrate!
The wedding was fabulous! It was at the Air Force Academy Cadet Chapel in Colorado Springs because Nancey's new husband is in the Air Force and he and his brothers attended the Air Force Academy there. The chapel was stunning (designed to resemble a formation of fighter jets) and Nancey was beautiful in a breathtaking dress and so happy! It was so great to see her and her brother Dave again! She is one of those amazing friends that although I haven't seen for years (15 in this case), we still have an incredibly strong connection. It was such an amazing night and so hard to say good-bye at the end.
We also got to see my oldest sister Melinda and her husband Cody the last Sunday we were there. We all drove to Laramie, Wyoming to have Sunday lunch with them before Stephen and I continued our drive back to Canada. It was great to see all my sisters and their families - but we did miss Jeff who was in India the whole time. (For more pictures of our trip, click here for the album. For more pictures of Nancey's wedding, click here for the album.)
http://julenerenee.blogspot.com/">
Hold Fast


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home