Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring Flowers and Easter

I’ve had this blog entry written for awhile now but for the last month or so have not been able to upload the pictures to my website from my computer – I keep getting an ICAP error (if any one know what this is or why I’m getting it, please let me know). I had to upload these to Facebook and then use my work computer to upload them, and for some reason it finally worked.

I love the flowers of spring! Tulips, daffodils, freesia, eventually lilacs! All my favourites.

Stephen bought me an amarylis plant a few years ago. I've somehow been able to keep the plant alive but it never flowered again until this spring. It was beautiful! Here is Stephen showing off my plant. These stalk was so tall, the flowers would bend forward every day to peek through the blinds to get full sun.
Stephen with the amaryllis












And again this year, I took over the Daffodil Days campaign at work - we sold over 400,000 of them the week before Easter. The blooms were huge this year and once open, lasted a long time! I still had several large bouquets of them in full bloom around my house this week.
My coworker Louise opening the refrigerated trailer where we stored the daffodils
My coworker Ashley and I picked up some daffodil bouquets in her truck
Our Daffodil Mountain sale
A daffodil bouquetMy coworkers and friends - Louise and Kelly
Me and my fun coworkers who helped me through the campaign - Ashley, Louise, Dianna
We found a few white daffodils among the thousands of yellow ones










Because of the campaign I worked a lot of overtime the last few weeks. I was looking forward to the Easter long weekend and some time off. Stephen and I were also looking forward to Easter celebrations at church and with friends. We had a great weekend! (Although my sister Kirsten, brother-in-law Jeff and my niece and nephew were at my parent's house for Easter and we were sad that we couldn't be there with them.) We celebrated with my friends Sally, Michelle, Becky, Joel and Norma Jean and Jerry (Becky's parents). We coloured eggs and had a yummy turkey dinner. Colouring Easter eggs with becky and her mom Norma JeanSally joined us a little later to finish up colouring the eggsOur egg display on the Easter tablePosing with our egg creations (yes Stephen even coloured one)



Stephen impatiently waiting for Easter supper tobe servedNorma Jean's Easter chickensJoel, becky and Sally waiting for supperStephen and Michelle waiting for supper

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home